Monday 4 May 2009

Trend: One shoulder




Looks like one of the biggest trends for 2009 is everywhere now. The one shoulder/asymmetric line has hit everywhere. The prom style dress seems to be making way for a more tailored cocktail style which I'm loving although I have to say I do love the dramatic nipped waist and pouffy skirt.

I managed to pick up a bargain at my usual haunt ASOS for my birthday, and in the fortnight of dresses, this one was my favourite. A black dress with black organza hearts each with white stitching round each one.

I must say there is a lot out there at the moment with this style and some may not suit all body shapes as I have square shoulders the one shoulder that cuts across the chest isn't as flattering as the one shoulder style, so watch out for that!

As for my fabulous fortnight of dresses, I did also wear a backless high bustle backed prom dress; high and short in a red and black organza teamed with my red shoes from The Flyest, and a beautiful light blue dress from Zara complete with hot pink accessories. 

Go and seek the wonder that is the one shoulder.

No comments:

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

DEL.ICIO.US