Thursday 20 September 2007

Brazilians, Claws and leggins

I’m a big fan of different. Different is good. It means individuality. The only problem with that is when you are different, people want or admire it and re create it. Which means it’s not different anymore.

While reading I-D Magazine I came across one guy who re-defines the dictionary definition of different. His name is Zé das Medalhas. He’s World renowned, especially with the fashion circuit. There are pics of him all over the Internet, here are just a few:

I’m liking the elements of colour and texture I’ve seen in the shops recently; both with clothes and trainers. Particularly a pair of Nike’s I picked up earlier this week from my favourite sneaker shop which is tucked away in Soho. Trust me, they are bloody formidable. The graffiti artist Claw Money has put her stamp on these Nikes. Off the f*cking hook. I don’t even want to put them on my feet they are that disgusting. (In a good way, trust me on that.)

I am looking at the red ones next, fingers crossed I rob, steal or kill to get the money for them. At least I’d be the best dressed in the Prison, huh?

The 80s influence has taken over I’m glad to say as it’s made my life easier with certain elements. There now seems to have been an increase in the colour ways in one of my favourite sneakers: Converse All Stars. Vans and even Nike and Adidas have recently stepped up their game which has made for an interesting time in my retail life. This with textures and images from my youth I’m having a ball right now.

Mad shout out to those at Foot Patrol based in Soho, (gimme a job, yo!) Claw Money for bringing back my inspiration and to those of you out there walking around in a haze of colour and nostalgia.

I’ll be back to report on what I’ve seen “on the street” soon. x

No comments:

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

DEL.ICIO.US